Prepare to Install VXwatch
Before installing VXwatch, check your PC to ensure that sufficient memory and disk space is available, and turn off other programs currently running on your PC.
To install and run VXwatch, your computer must comply with the following requirements:
- Pentium III, 700 MHz; 256MB RAM
- 30 MB free disk space
- Windows 2000, or XP, or Server 2003
Access the VXwatch Installation Wizard
The Install Shield Wizard begins installing the VXwatch software after it detects that the versions for Operating System and Windows Installer meet the minimum requirements.
If the Windows Installer does not meet the minimum requirements, the Install Shield Wizard installs a current version. This requires a system restart. Subsequent installs do not require a system restart.
Accessing the VXwatch Installation Wizard
1. Exit all Windows programs and turn off virus protection and screen saver software before attempting an installation of VXwatch software.
2. Insert the VXwatch Installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and wait for the install wizard to be presented on the console screen.
3. Launch the VXwatch setup, either by:
4. At the VXwatch Welcome to the Setup Wizard screen, click Next to start the installation sequence.
If you are already running an older version of VXwatch on the PC, the VXwatch Installer will uninstall the old version prior to installing the newer version
Using the VXwatch Installation Wizard
1. At the License Agreement dialog box, read the contents and click I Agree, then click OK to present the Select Installation Folder dialog box.
2. At the Select Installation Folder dialog box, provide the directory path to be used for placement of the VXwatch software in your computer. You also use this screen to specify who is to be allowed use of VXwatch on this computer, as either you (exclusively) or anyone who uses this computer.
3. To view space allocation on various drives, click the DiskCost button to present the VXwatch Disk Space dialog box.
4. Click Next to present the Confirm Installation screen.
5. The Confirm Installation screen allows you to return to a previous dialog box, to double-check and/or modify your entries. When you are ready, click Next at the Confirm Installation screen to install the VXwatch application into the specified directory. The system now presents the Installing VXwatch progress screen.
6. Wait for the Installing VXwatch progress screen to run to completion. After the VXwatch software is completely installed in your directory, the Installation Complete screen is presented. At the Installation Complete screen, click Close to exit the VXwatch Installation Wizard.
7. If applicable, reactivate your PC virus protection program(s).