VXgate is designed to work with any ODBC datasource. This includes flat text files. Text files are perfect for databases that are mostly appended to like a CDR. Entries can be easily added very quickly. It can also easily provide the data to a billing system.
This method is very slow to find entries in the list and is not recommended for the authentication and authorization function of VXgate.
To configure a text file for CDR follow these steps:
- Create a folder on the VXgate machine or a machine accessible through windows networking. For this example it will be C:\CDR
- Create a text file in this folder by right clicking and choose new text file. Call the file the name of the Table in the database. Each table in the database is reflected by a new file. In this example it will be CDRs.txt
Anchor CDR Folder CDR Folder Panel title CDR Folder
- Now open the administrative tools in the control panel and go the Data Sources (ODBC). Click on System DSN. Click the Add button.
- Select the Microsoft Text driver from the list as shown below.
Anchor Create a New Data Source Dialog Create a New Data Source Dialog Panel title Create a New Datasource Dialog
- Give the Data source a name like in this example VX-DSN. Uncheck the Use current directory. Press the select directory and choose the name of the directory. In this example it is C:\CDR.
Anchor ODBC Text Setup Dialog ODBC Text Setup Dialog Panel title ODBC Text Setup Dialog
- The datasource is not configured to use the c:\CDR as the database. Every file in the directory like CDRs.txt are the table names.
- Now open the VXgate config. Leave the SQL database info blank and press the edit SQL button. Leave the Startup script blank, Configure the ODBC connect string to DSN=VX-DSN or the name of the DSN.
Configure the Database test query to as shown below.
Anchor Edit SQL Scripts Dialog Edit SQL Scripts Dialog Panel title Edit SQL Scripts Dialog
- Add the CDR line as shown below
Anchor Write CDR Dialog Write CDR Dialog Panel title Write CDR Dialog
- Click Ok and allow the system to restart VXgate.
This will make CDRs with the call drop reason, Called Number, Calling Number, Connect Time, and Disconnect Time.