|Table of Contents|
Prepare to Install VXgate
Before you install VXgate, make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements listed in this section, and that no programs are running that might conflict with the installer software.
- Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003 (32 and 64 bit)
NET recommends that the latest Windows 2000 Server service packs be applied prior to installing the VXgate application software. It is also recommended that all subsequent service packs be installed to insure system security.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 3 866 Mhz CPU
- Graphics Card and Color Monitor
- CD-ROM Drive
- 1.4 MB, 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
- Hard Disk 40 GB
- Minimum of 512 MB RAM
NET recommends that the VXgate application run on a dedicated computer.
Access the VXgate Installation Wizard
The Install Shield Wizard begins installing the NET VXgate software after it detects that the installed versions of the Windows 2000 Server meets the minimum requirements.
Exit all Windows programs and turn off virus protection and screen saver software before proceeding with installation of VXgate software.
Accessing the VXgate Installation Wizard
1. Insert the VXgate Installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and wait for the install wizard to be presented on the console screen. Go to the next step if the install wizard fails to appear.
2. Launch the VXgate setup either by:
3. Wait for presentation of the VXgate Welcome screen
If you are already running a version of VXgate on the PC, which is older than that loaded in this installation session, the Installer will uninstall the old version prior to installing the newer version.
1. At the License Agreement dialog box, read the terms of the license agreement, click to indicate acceptance of the license agreement, and click Next to present the Customer Information dialog box.
2. At the Customer Information dialog box, provide the name of the person and organization where this VXgate license is to be used. Use this dialog box to also specify access permission. This license can be set as restricted only to the specified user name, or can be available to anyone who uses the computer on which VXgate is loaded.
3. At the Ready to Install the Program dialog box, click to select either or all options.
4. When ready, click Next to present the second Ready to Install the Programscreen. This screen provides a final opportunity to return to previous settings for viewing or modifying. To finish this installation session, click Next to present the Installing VXgate progress screen.
5. At the VXgate progress screen, wait until the installation runs to completion. When completed, the VXgate application automatically presents the VXgate Config dialog box.
6. Specify values for various fields in the VXgate Config dialog box as described in the section Configuring VXgate.
7. At the Installation Wizard Completed screen, click the Finish button.