This section of the Extended Microsoft UC Features Quick Start Guide describes how to add VX as an OCS Gateway.
|Table of Contents|
Placing VX into the Windows Management Interface (WMI)
Use the steps in this section to place VX into the WMI.
The best results for successfully Adding a VX as an OCS Gateway is to run this wizard twice. Some installations have reported that the GRUU is not properly populated when the wizard is executed a single time.
To Configure VX as an OCS Gateway
- Install VXbuilder on the OCS Server system.
Make sure to run this with an account that has Domain Administration level authority.
- Start VXbuilder (from the OCS Server).
- Click the Run Wizard button.
- Select the UC – Microsoft OCS R2 with Extended Features wizard and click Next.
- Click OK to continue.
- Enter VX's fully qualified domain name (FQDN). This must be resolvable by the DNS server.
Be certain that the FQDN supplied below is correct before clicking Next. This information cannot be removed from the Windows Management Interface once submitted.
- Select the Extended UC Features Option from one of the two options, then click Finish to continue.
Add VX to OCS Environment
The configuration continues in this section only if Add VX to OCS Environment is selected.
To Finish Adding VX to OCS Environment
- Click OK to acknowledge VX is successfully registered as a gateway in the OCS network.
- Transmit the configuration back to the VX, registering VX as an OCS gateway.
If you are working from another VXbuilder, be sure to RECEIVE a new configuration from VX now before transmitting new changes.
Full Configuration of Extended UC Features
The configuration continues in this section only if Full Configuration is selected.
To Complete Full Configuration of Extended UC Features
- Enter the OCS fully qualified domain name (FDQN).
Be sure to select an AV Edge Server if one exists in your OCS domain.
- Enter the Preferred DNS address.
- Enter the PSTN/PBX connection type and protocol.
- Enter the location profiles.
- Be sure to transmit the configuration back to the VX registering VX as an OCS gateway.
Note: If you are working from another VXbuilder, be sure to RECEIVE a new configuration from VX now before transmitting new changes.
Verifying VX Insertion into WMI and Checking the GRUU
After you have inserted VX into WMI using the Wizard and received the configuration to a VXbuilder (probably not running on the OCS system), Verify the configuration by exporting the configuration to a file and reviewing it in a text editor such as NotePad.
To Verify the Configuration of GRUU on a VX Node
- Start the VXbuilder application.
- In VXbuilder, click the Receive button to retrieve the current configuration from your VX node.
- Click File > Export and save the (.cfg) file to your desktop or other easily accessible folder.
- Open the saved .cfg file in a text editor.
- Search for a line starting with
OCSGW.1.OCSGRUU. It should look something like the highlighted line below.
- If the OCSGW.1.OCSGRUU line is blank, run the wizard again from the OCS server. Select the Add VX to OCS Environment option in the wizard.