Enterprise consists of multiple business locations and each business location is typically served by one of the following IP-PBX.
In SBC Core configuration, the major differences while interworking with an IP-PBX in registration and static modes are as follows:
- In Static mode, it is not required to route the registration messages for IP-PBX.
- In Registration mode, the route configuration to IP-PBX is not required as the SBC identifies the endpoints dynamically through registration messages.
Asterisk indicates the fields are mandatory.
You can use the default Address Context or create a new Address Context in the Navigator. Prerequisites for the workflow SIP Enterprise Access (Carrier-hosted IP-PBX) are:
- Address context
- IP Interface group
- IP Interface
This section provides a high-level understanding of SIP Enterprise Access (Enterprise-Hosted IP-PBX) Provisioning.
SIP Enterprise Access (Enterprise-Hosted IP-PBX) Provisioning Flow
The following figure shows the provisioning flow of the SIP Enterprise Access (Enterprise-Hosted IP-PBX).
Step 1: Set up a Zone
Perform the following tasks to set up the Zone.
- Select SIP Enterprise Access(Enterprise-Hosted IP-PBX) > Zone.
- In the Address Context drop-down list, select the address context.
- Select the Zone from the drop-down list.
- Click Next .
- To create a new Zone, click Create New Zone next to the Zone drop-down box, and enter the following details:
- Zone Name
- DNS Group
- Zone Id
- Click Save.
For more information on creating a Zone, refer to System Provisioning - Zone.
Step 2: Add a SIP Trunk Group
Perform the following procedure to add the SIP Trunk Group.
- Enter the SIP Trunk Group Name.
- Enter the details of the following:
- Packet Outage
- Call Reservation
- Call Routing
- Ingress IP Prefix
The following dialog appears:
Click Yes to add more SIP Trunk Group and click No to proceed.
Step 3: Add an IP Peer (Optional)
Perform the following procedure to add a IP Peer. It is optional.
- Expand IP Peer.
- Enter the IP Peer details.
You can skip this step, if not required.
Click Nextto proceed.
The following window appears:
Click Yes to add more Ip Peers and click No to continue.
Step 4: Finish and Save
Click Finish and Save. The result of this action is displayed.
Click OK to exit.