This section provides you with instructions for decommissioning an I/O card.
The screen outputs in this page are examples only and may show software versions other than the ones that are supported for this release; however, the procedure for decommissioning an I/O card is the same.
To decommission an I/O card
- From the Main Menu, select System, and press ENTER.
- Select Software Revisions, and press ENTER.
- Select IO Versions, and press ENTER.
Select the slot in which the I/O card you want to decommission appears (in the following example, slot 10).
- Type d, and press ENTER.
- Type y, and press ENTER. When the decommissioning process is completed, remove the card.
- Repeat steps 1 to 7 with any additional IO cards that should be decommissioned.
- Navigate to the Available Software Versions screen and confirm that the card(s) has been decommissioned.
To execute a complete system backup (using a USB key)
Insert the 16GB USB key into the either USB port (as shown in the preceding two illustrations) on one of the Management CPUs or its respective RTM (slot 2 or 13).
Log onto the DSC 8000 Management CPU using the IP addresses that you have assigned to slot 2 (p19p1.3), slot 13 (p19p2.5), or the shared IP interface (p19p1.3:0 or p19p2.5:0).
From the Main Menu, click Backups.
Click Complete System Backup.
Click Start System Backup.
The DSC 8000 automatically executes the complete system backup and a message is displayed to inform you when the backup is completed.