SBC 1000/2000 Users, Please Read!
You must follow the instructions outlined in the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Upgrade guide before proceeding with the steps outlined on this page. The upgrade guide includes important prerequisites for Sonus SBC 1000/2000 systems with a built-In Application Solution Module (ASM), and also describes which firmware files to use depending on the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Model you are using.
Theis supported in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer, Releases 10 and 11
- Firefox, Release 24 and later
- Chrome, Release 31 and later
In browsers that do not support this feature, the software upgrade process will be presented the way it is shown in Release 4.0 and previous.
To upgrade the inactive partition:
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
In the left navigation pane, go to System > Software Management > Application Partitions.
- Make note of the inactive partition number you are upgrading the firmware to (the table entry listed without a tick mark under the 'Active Partition' column)
This will be important towards the end when verifying the last upload status of the inactive partition.
Click the Upload Firmware link located on the top right hand side of the pane - a popup window will be dispatched:
6. Throughout the upload process, the web interface displays update messages to indicate the progression of the upgrade of the inactive partition, as shown below. (If you navigate to this view from another browser, it will also display the progress.)
Under normal conditions, an average upgrade takes about 8 - 9 minutes. During the upgrade process, the remaining time estimates in the different steps becomes more accurate as the process progresses.
7. Once the upgrade has completed, click the X in the corner of the box to dismiss the popup window.
8. On the partition page, verify the Last Upload Status associated with the inactive partition is listed as Success.
At this stage, the inactive partition is upgraded to the the new firmware without rebooting the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 system and without interrupting active call services.
If you wish to boot your Sonus SBC 1000/2000 from this partition, you must set it as the active partition.