This configuration is not supported on ERE and is intended for use only with an external PSX.
- SIP header value
- Presence or absence of a header
- String in a message body
- Parameter value
- Presence or absence of a parameter
The flexible policy process is summarized below:
- Operator dynamically programs the Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"using flexible policy rules for extracting SIP information elements and populating variables.
- Operator provisions the PSX’s flexible routing and policy framework to use those variables as criteria for selecting routes and policies.
- When a message is received by the Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables", flexible policy adapter profile rules are applied to populate the variables. These variables are sent in the policy request to Policy Execution Server (PES).
- The PES matches the received information contained in these variables to provisioned criteria and returns routes and policies in policy response.
- The Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"applies policies returned in the policy response and routes the message using routes received in the policy response.
flexiblePolicyAdapterProfileprofile is provisioned and attached to either/both the ingress Trunk Group or Ingress Zone. If
flexiblePolicyAdapterProfileis provisioned both at the trunk group and zone, the trunk group’s profile takes precedence. If
inputAdapterProfileis configured, it is applied first to manipulate the PDU and then
flexiblePolicyAdapterProfilerules are applied on the manipulated PDU.
For CLI or EMA configuration details, refer to:
Flexible Policy and Routing Enhancements for PSX
Diameter+interface in a policy request message.
The PSX uses the received information contained in these variables as a part of its enhanced Routing and Policy decision making. Refer to PSX documentation for additional details.