- The firmware is not reverted back to an earlier version because it is backward compatible with earlier Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"versions.
- Any configurations performed after the upgrade will be lost after the Revert. Once the revert completes, the configuration rolls back to the timestamp in the 'Last Used' field.
- Once a revert is performed to a valid pre-6.0 SBC release, an upgrade to another pre-6.0 release is not supported. Upgrading to any other pre-6.0 releases requires the ConnexIP re-ISO installation. Refer to Re-Installing ConnexIP Operating System for SBC 5000 Series or Re-Installing ConnexIP Operating System for SBC 7000 Series for more information on ConnexIP re-ISO installation.
- The Revert procedure applies to Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"upgrades only (both offline and LSWU); it does not apply to ConnexIP ISO orUnable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"software installations.
This procedure is service impacting.
The Revert procedure is not supported on the
The following procedure describes the
Launch the EMA (from either the active or standby server). Refer to Logging On to EMA in Platform Mode for guidance.
Verify the versions in Monitoring > Dashboard > System and Software Info.
Navigate to Administration > System Administration screen.
Click Revert Software Version.
The Revert Software Version screen is shown. This displays the System or Partition for the current version and the older version.
- Click on to start the revert.
A confirmation message appears on the screen. Click Ok to proceed.
The Revert Software application simultaneously reverts both the Active (WFDSBC01a) and Standby (WFDSBC01b) server. On continuing with revert, the upgraded server(s) will reboot and come up with earlier release. During this process browser session will be lost and need to re-login.
The Revert Software starts and changes the boot version to earlier version in both the active and standby server. For example, in this case it is 04.02.03R000 version. You can see the revert status in the Log section.
Once you see Rebooting message in the logs, log out from the EMA.
The revert operation takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
Launch the Platform Manager using the default credentials.
Beginning with 5.0 release, the Platform Manager is integrated into the EMA and hereafter referred to as EMA Platform Mode. So once it is reverted back to 3.x/4.x release, you may only use Platform Manager tool for further upgrades.
Verify the revert software versions in Platform > Software Versions.
The roles of Active and Standby server may interchange depends upon the server, which is booting first. In this case, WFDSBC01b completed the rebooting first and became active.