Policy on when to add 'Release Notes' links on 'Latest Support News' page.
Release Note which are added to the ‘Latest Support News’ are published online in Documentation Support Portal. Links to PDFs are provided on the same portal. PDF files are stored in the SFDC.
Release Notes which are not added to the 'Latest Support News' are still added to the Employees Only space, and online versions are published for Sonus employees only. PDF versions are provided directly to release engineers for inclusion with the software bundle.
Latest Support News page is updated when:
- General Availability (GA) Release.
- Sustaining/Maintenance Release for general audience.
- Patch Release with feature(s) added or changed for general audience.
Latest Support News page is NOT updated when:
- Patch Release only includes software fixes. No change to existing documentation.
- Patch Release with features(s) added or changed for specific customer (not GA)
- Sustaining/Maintenance Release meant for specific customer(s) (not GA)
Non-GA Releases consist of:
- 'S' releases: Special release which may or may not contain feature changes. This is typically provided to a small set of customers.
- 'F' releases: Patch release only includes fixes and for specific customer(s)
- 'A' releases: One-off engineering drop or beta release
- 'Rxxx Pxxx' releases: Same use as 'F' releases except for legacy Wireline products only