The front Bezel is a Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU). The purpose of the Bezel is to encase the replaceable air filter and to identify the LED status indicators (Power, Status, Active, Alarm, Locator) on the front panel of the chassis, as shown in Figures 1 and 2. The two Bezel product codes are listed below:
- SBC 5100 and 5110 bezel: SBC-5100-BEZEL
- SBC 5200 and 5210 bezel: SBC-5200-BEZEL
Parts and Tools Required
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) strap
- Replacement Bezel (if swapping out the Bezel)
Removing/Replacing the Bezel
Perform the following procedure to replace the Bezel:
- Attach an Electrostatic Discharge wrist strap to the rear grounding point on the back panel of the chassis. Follow the instructions in the section Connecting Electrostatic Discharge Wrist Strap.
Locate the tab on the left side of the Bezel and pull back on Bezel until the left ball stud mounts disengage from the chassis.
Grasp the right-side of the Bezel and pull the Bezel away from the chassis until the right ball stud mounts disengage from the chassis.
- Install the replacement Bezel assembly by aligning the ball stud mounts to the receiving sockets, and then gently push the Bezel until it is secured to the chassis.
All SBC 5000 series CRUs are shipped in electrostatic discharge bags and should be handled using appropriate ESD precautions.
The storage environment for the CRUs are:
- Humidity must be less than 95% (non-condensing)
- Temperature must be between -40C and +70C