Parts and Tools Required
The following items are needed to replace a CSC:
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) strap
- Replacement CSC
- A #2 Phillips-head screwdriver
Replacing Core Server Card
Safety shield cover must be intact when system is powered on.
To replace a CSC, do the following:
- Perform a graceful shutdown of the Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"system through BMC GUI.
- Attach an Electrostatic Discharge wrist strap by using the ESD grounding point on the back panel of the chassis (see Connecting Electrostatic Discharge Wrist Strap on SBC 7000 for details).
- Remove all the existing connections from all the ports.
Unscrew the thumb screws using #2 Phillips-head screwdriver, open release levers on each side, and pull the CSC module out.
- To replace, insert the new module to the correct slot, push the CSC module completely.
- Close the release levers.
- Tighten the thumb screws using #2 Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Re-connect all the ports.
- Start the Unable to show "metadata-from": No such page "_space_variables"system through BMC GUI.
- Humidity must be less than 95% (non-condensing).
- Temperature must be between -40C and +70C.