SIP and ISDN use different response messages to communicate why a call failed or could not be connected (Q.850 for ISDN and SIP Responses for SIP). By default, the SBC Edge uses RFC 4497 to map these to each other. Override Tables allow you to override one or more of these mappings to a different message, which is useful for interoperating with nonstandard equipment. To use a table created here, select it from the SIP to Q.850 Override Tables field in a SIP Signaling Groups entry.
Working with SIP to Q.850 Override Tables
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
- In the left navigation pane, go to Telephony Mapping Tables > SIP to Q.850 Override Tables.
To view a table's properties:
- Click the pop-up icon ( ) next to the entry you want to view.
- When you are finished, close the window.
To modify a SIP to Q.850 Override Table:
- Click the expand ( ) Icon next to the entry you wish to modify.
- Modify the table's Description as desired
- Click OK.
To create a SIP to Q.850 Override Table:
- Click the Create ( ) icon.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Description text field.
- Click OK.
To delete an entry, select the checkbox next to the entry and then click the Delete () icon.