The following table contains information on error messages and common problems encountered with SSReq.
Error: SSREQ Server <server>:<port> not responding
The client could not communicate with the SSReq server.
- Ensure the host name and port number in the Configure Server Attributes dialog box is correct. If the name is correct, try using the IP address of the specified server instead of the host name in the PSX Hostname or IP Address text box.
- Verify that the SSReq server is running. If it is, try increasing the timeout value specified in the Configure Server Attributes dialog box.
- Verify that the combination of the Port and TCP/ UDP is correct. That is, verify that the port number corresponding to TCP is used when you select TCP; or verify that the port number corresponding to UDP is used when you select UDP.
- Eliminate any network issues.
|Error: Unknown PSX Hostname or IP Address <hostname/IP Address>|
|Error: Unable to connect to TCP socket at <server>:<port>|
|Error: Unable to read message from TCP socket connected to <server>:<port>|
|Error: Unable to send message over UDP to <server>:<port>|
Error: Registration for <gateway> failed
The gateway could not be registered with the PSX. Resolutions
- Check for a spelling error in the gateway name you specified.
- Make sure the gateway is provisioned on the designated PSX.
|Error: Registration attempt from unknown gateway <gateway>|
|Error: Failed decoding the Request||Problem:|
The request from the SSReq client could not be decoded by the server because the XML format is incorrect.
Probably due to a network or transmission error, the server did not receive the complete packet, or the generated or edited request is not valid XML.
|Error: SSREQ Server and Client version incompatible - Server: <X> Client: <Y>||Problem:|
You are not using the same version of the SSReq server and client. <X> and <Y> indicate the respective version numbers.
Use the same version of SSReq client and server.
|Error: Invalid Port Number - <port number>||Problem:|
The port number is either invalid or unspecified.
Check the port number in the Configure Server Attributes dialog box.
|Error: Invalid Timeout - <timeout>||Problem:|
The timeout is either invalid or unspecified.
Check the timeout in the Configure Server Attributes dialog box.